If you are registering your child(ren) for Kindergarten for the Current 2023-2024 School Year, please click on this link for the 2023-2024 registration information.
When and How to Register for Kindergarten 2024-2025
Beginning July 1, 2024, Connecticut General Statute requires that children turn five years old on or before September 1 of the school year in order to enroll in kindergarten. However, because of the timing of this change and the challenges this may cause families, Westport Public Schools has developed the following transitional plan for the 2024-25 school year:
Any child who is not five years old on or before September 1, 2024 but turns five before January 1, 2025, may be admitted to kindergarten upon written request by the child’s parent or guardian to the school principal. If you have further questions about this process, please contact your school’s principal.
Prior to registering your child(ren), please check our School Locator for the school in your home district. Then fill out form below.
You may save your information and return to the form if needed.
Once the form has been submitted online, you will receive an email confirmation and a request to provide copies of all required residency documentation and updated CT health forms (see below) to the school that serves your address.
Your child's registration will not be finalized until all of the documents and forms are received.
What documents will I need to provide to register my child?
- A copy of your child's original birth certificate or passport
- Evidence of legal residence -- 4 proofs required
- Signed rental lease or proof of ownership--contract to purchase, warranty deed, mortgage deed.
- Two different current utility bills that shows family at the address of residence (no cell phone bill)
- Photo ID - Current drivers license at the address of residence, or Passport
- All families are required to sign the New Enrollee Verification of Residence form
- Updated CT health forms
- Health Assessment Record/Physical Exam (pdf)
- Medication Authorization form (doc)
(This form is required for the administration and self-administration of medication in school)
- Food Allergy Medication Authorization form (doc)
(This form is required for all students who have a medical order for Epinephrine (EpiPen) in school)
When will the Informational meeting and Student Orientation processes begin?
On Friday, March 1, a Kindergarten Informational meeting will be held for parents who have completed the registration process.
Kindergarten Orientation will be held in May and details will be forthcoming.
Will my child be able to visit his/her school?
Children will have the chance to visit their school in May, during Kindergarten Orientation, and prior to the start of school in August.